Samson & Delilah

Last Thursday I got chopped.  
I've been secretly dying to cut my hair for ages.  {Long bobs have been popping up EVERYWHERE, not to mentioned I've pinned at least 20 pictures...} Then one night a friend was telling me how I needed to get a cut {stringy, gross, straw-like strands- she didn't say that but I know}. She then offered to do it herself.  Which is amazing because I've also secretly wanted Dawn-Marie to work her magic on me.  She owns her own salon in Wauwatosa called Samson and Delilah, and it's the coziest most relaxing salon I have ever been in.  Seriously, I could stay there all day.

This woman seriously has great taste.  She was telling me story after story of how she's found all the unique pieces in her salon {including scout yard sales and crub side drop offs}.  She's a go-getter, and a super cute one at that.  Just look at her pattern play and amazing glasses!
 She chopped then did a little color.  Adding some light as well as some dark.  {Color genius}  This woman goes to tons of trade shows and has been in the business for some time.  She knows what's up.  I'm basically going to let her do whatever she wants with my hair.  Basically.
 Drumroll please.......
Ta-DA!!
I just love, love, love my hair.  Seriously.  
I also really loved spending two and a half hours with Dawn-Maire in her most lovely salon.  The best part was that it was like no other salon I've been in.  Usually there's drama, drama and tons of gossip to be had.  Not here.  We talked about what's going on in the world, where we stand on things and most importantly of all, the Lord and His crazy, amazing goodness {don't get me wrong, I did check out People Mag, talk about how much she can't stand reality TV and how I can't seem to stop watching anything Kardashian...}.  This woman is amazing.  
Let her do your hair.  

25 comments:

  1. I just started following your darling blog! Follow me too!

    Hugs & Wishes

    www.hugswishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I love your hair! It turned out perfectly. Her and her salon are darling!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair :)
    http://kaika85.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos, dear :)





    http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing funny post
    xoxo
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shorter hair looks amazing on you! Looking really good. :)

    http://bohemianwonderland.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  8. great hair job and we are crushing on that green lush plush looking sofa! =D thanks for sharing your cool pics with us!

    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. too cute julie! love the colors in your new do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post!!

    www.shareasecret.wordpress.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading your post. There's always something new and refreshing to enjoy; a delight to my day! The salon looks amazing and so does it's owner. Your hair turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your new do! The long bob looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post! your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. woww, you look great
    http://loving-evelyn.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new hair looks goooooooooooooooooorgeous!!! She did an amazing job!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful look...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  17. So gorgeous! You look amazing!

    xox Lara www.weheartbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look lovely, the salon looks great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello dear!Great blog you have!I just wanna ask do you wanna follow eachother??If you follow me be sure that i follow back asap!

    so let me know!

    Cheers

    www.istanbulianchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute hair cut!! and what a great name for a hair salon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!