Treasures

I know. I'm on a repeat trend... This belt, these shoes {last seen here
But what can I say, this citron/neon yellow is my new fave.  Can't help it.
 (Shirt J.Crew Factory, Skirt J.Crew, Belt J.Crew, Shoes Forever21, Sunnies H&M)

My hubs never fails to amaze me.  Sunday he did some errands and somehow I ended up with a Lululemon bag I was dying over {here - and yes it's citron as well, ha}, and new running tanks and socks.  Little things I really do need, but just didn't really want to spend money on.  Anywho, it ended up being a bit of a chunk of change.  He, on the other hand, has been dreaming of a new bike to ride around town, and not going to lie, I kept shooting him down on getting another bike {jerk, I know}.
Fastforward.  We're sitting in church on Sunday and the sermon happens to be on where our treasure is {there your heart is as well}.  When we heard what it was about, we looked at each other like, "Oh boy, we just spent a lot of money on possessions. We're going to get it" {and momentarily confirmed my thoughts of taking everything back}.  But for the first time in my life, the passage {Mark 10:17-31} wasn't on giving all you have to the poor, but on the condition of your heart - if you're willing to give things up, {wealth, lifestyles, comforts, ect} and the softness of your heart which leads to obedience which, ultimately, leads to joy.  
As we're sitting there, Kellen reached over and wrote "your gear = my bike".
He'd totally sacrificed his bike for me to get me some very nice things.  And while he is truly a gem, he's not my treasure.  My treasure is the One who put Kell in my life.  The One Who blessed me with a ridiculously kind, generous, sacrificial man.  Sometimes I still can't get over it.  
Thanks God.  Thanks Kell. 

28 comments:

  1. love the belt and the shoes together! You look so cute in these photo :)

    xox Lara www.weheartbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. citron/neon yellow is also a fave of mine! it's such a bright color and always pops :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pop of neon :)

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bike/gear scenario reminds of the story, "The Gift of the Magi"!

    Loving the citron too--but then again, I was a teenager in the 80's sooooo.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. such lovely photos!

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://dreamsinhd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome look dear! I love the pop of colour in accessories

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet, Julie, and totally sounds like something my husband and I would do! Your Kell sounds like a truly amazing, godly husband :) What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shoes
    and love your polka dot top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely skirt!!

    Styleinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute outfit! I love the pop of neon.


    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous photos! and i love the outfit, super cute!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fantastic, lovely shirt! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors in this post are absolutely gorgeous! Lovely outfit :)

    iwantyourkittens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is too cute. Love your outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the neon details!! This outfit is SO J.Crew! (which I love) ;P

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're very lucky! Love your top, cute!
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colour of that set! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the shoes!!

    xx stephalsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this outfit! The polka dots are super cute. I'm a new follower and am so glad I came across your blog - would love for you to check out mine :)

    - Kathleen
    http://www.fashionablelaughter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous pops of neon!

    www.kaciekloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!