Weekend Getaway : NYC

  Kellen spontaneously surprised me with a trip to NYC.  Best. Surprise. Ever.  I've always said I could live in New York.  My grandma took me my sophomore year of college and I've been dying to go back.  So this was a bit of a dream come true.  We spent the first day just parousing through Central Park and walking the city.  It was 90 plus degrees and I regretted not having a swimsuit to lay out in. {And yes, I re-lived every Gossip Girl Central Park scene...  XOXO}
We ended the day with our lovely hosts.  Happy hour drinks that provided front row to police shutting down a street due to a suspicious bag on the street.  Classic.  Afterwards, some Mexican and Pink Berry.  Jeremy and Raquel also had the sweetest rooftop view on their building.  Seriously.
 Saturday morning started out with bagels {naturally} and a 10.5 mile run around Manhattan with a fellow midwest girl, Mindy.  She's such a spirited person and has totally turned into a total New Yorker.  Running a city has got to be the best way to see any city and I was so thankful she gave me the perfect tour, ending at the Brooklyn Bridge.  And yes, we stopped often for photos. 
{Don't mind the sweaty, red face.  It's completely normal}
Saturday night we ordered in Thai {aannyything can be delivered in New York.  I love it}.
Roof top dinner was probably my favorite way to eat at meal in this city.  Seriously.  
Then to the ballpark we went.  Take me out to the ballgame and all that.  Kellen had a co-worker that hooked us up with amazing tickets to the Yankees vs Red Socks game.  Such an amazing experience.
Sunday morning started with an epic fail at finding Tim Keller's Redeemer Church.  So naturally, we went out for mocha/vanilla latte's and treats followed by a long stroll through the Upper East Side.  
After changing to cooler clothes {it hit 103 degrees - not kidding}, we headed to Brooklyn with Jeremy and Raquel.  Gosh, Brooklyn seriously stole my heart.  All the restaurants/bars are just the cutest things ever.  We even stumbled on a street fair/flea market {there was a BUBBLE TEA stand, hello}.  Totally hipster.  Which made me so so happy, because deep down, I long to be a hipster.  
It's true.
Seriously, such a fun trip.  I just adore having adventures with Kell.  And I can't get over Jeremy and Raquel's generosity at letting us crash and playing tour guide.  The weekend completly exhausted me, but it was totally worth it.   And to be honest, the fact that it was consistently in the 90s made me overjoyed.  It was so great to thaw out and just be continuously warm.  Seeing fashionable people everywhere, also made me happy.  Not something always found in Wisconsin. ;)

I <3 NY.

12 comments:

  1. You two are so darn cute! Glad your trip was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm jealous of your NYC getaway! i seriously haven't been since i was a young, young, kid! and it's nice to see these warm weather photos of the state. usually we see snow and everyone wrapped up in coats!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    Win a Summery Blue Satchel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great trip really! Fun photos:) kisses

    Styleinlove

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are adorable! I love all of your outfits. Whenever I'm in NY it seems to be 100 degrees too. Nice job on the 10.5 mile run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow really cool pics! And that's a really really nice surprise indeed! ;D I so wish someday I can go to NY :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, good work kellen! i love NYC and it sounds like you fit a ton into your long weekend. adorable photos, you two are so cute!

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://dreamsinhd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. julie! this looks amazing! you two are the best. wish we could hang more. MUCH more. girls trip asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos ;)
    I wasn't in NYC yet, but it looks amazing :)
    xx
    Katha

    showthestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've seen the best of NYC. Street fair + bubble tea + thai delivery on a rooftop = best day ever.

    Hudson East
    HudsonEast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never been to NYC but I really want to visit someday (and take a picture in front of that american flag building) :)
    xx Allie | a song to pass the time

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! You had a great weekend!! :D
    And you were super lucky with the weather because this week has been raining all day non stop! :(

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow you did some fancy things! cool , I'm jealous ! :p
    xo Charlotte - Aliceroxy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!