Wide Open Spaces

 Well, here the necklace is again.  Couldn't resist.  I really wanted to wear boots with this dress, but it was in the 100s so I opted for some more open wedges, even if boots would have just made this even more country.  Just trying to embrace my roots and all that. ;)
 
 Dress J.Crew (on sale!), Shoes Jessica Simpson, Necklace J.Crew, Clip H&M, Sunnies F21

I was super loving the wide open space.  Before leaving I was one massive stress ball.  I felt like my life was just going 100mph and slightly claustrophobic as well and highly anxious.  While Kellen and I were making the drive, I was trying to explain to him that I was raised in a ridiculously simple place - nothing was ever too fast paced nor people near as brand conscious.  I got my first pair of Nikes {and thought it was a HUGE deal} in 8th grade.  I didn't even know what Starbucks was until my freshmen year of college.  Sometimes I think I just get overwhelmed being outside of that little bubble - consumed by name brands and doing more, more, more.  I got up early Saturday morning to beat the heat and get a long run in.  I took off on a highway and ended up on a gravel road with nothing but sunflowers, corn fields and an occasional rambling truck - it was by far the best run of the week.  My soul was refreshed.  I just need to get back to simple sometimes.  It's quite nice.
{And the whole time I was singing Dixie Chic's Wide Open Spaces. Yes.}



6 comments:

  1. love this dress on u the color is gorgeous and i love it paired up with that jcrew necklace!

    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second picture so much because it really captures the country side <3 Beautiful outfit my favorite part is the necklace :)

    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being from a small town. It's great to have the feeling of freedom with those wide open spaces. Sometimes being in a city, even as tiny as Madison, can be claustrophobic and I need to head out into the country for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotta love kansas. gotta love dixie chicks.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww green seems to suit you very well, love that dress! and your necklace is lovely :)
    -
    Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!