Keep It Easy

 Monday's are meant for easy.  Nothing is more easy to me than a pair of stretchy pants and a flowy shirt.  Just add some pearls and leopard heels, and you just stepped it up a notch.  Speaking of stretchy pants, I recently invested in a pair of J.Crew pixie pants.  How the heck have I not had these for years!?  They're amazing.  I might have worn them twice last week. That good.
(Shirt J.Crew, Pants J.Crew, Shoes Payless, Necklace H&M, Earrings H&M)

The other day I was reading some Oswald Chambers and like usual, got nailed.  Then I was listening to an old Tim Keller sermon and well, it aligned perfectly with Oswald and that clearly means I needed to hear the message and take notice.  Basically, both were talking about how we're to live our lives for the Lord and spread His Message.  Not how we're supposed to try to make the Message appealing or try to appeal to the listener, but simply live out and speak of the Gospel.  I realized that, especially with blogging a bit more and being around bloggers and people who brand images {as well as not having as much time for devos or being in the Word}, I have gotten maybe a little too focused on my personal appeal.  Oswald says, "However, if he is identified with the Lord Himself, then the appeal becomes what Jesus Christ can do".  Not me.  Not how effective I am or how well heard I am.  But being completely identified in Christ.  And trusting that He will use me and draw people to me as He purposes.  I want this blog to bring Him glory - to give praise to Him and continuously point to Him.  I don't want to get so caught up in myself and how I look, that I lose sight of Him and pointing others to Him.  So.  Now I'm wrestling with what exactly that looks like.  All the while praying that people don't just see me - that they see the source of my joy and strength.  

Photos by Kate Weinstein
 

8 comments:

  1. i love the stripes with the leopard, such a classic combo!
    your photos are looking great by the way :)

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://dreamsinhd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures look so amazing and professional! Get it girrrrl

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blouse!! and that necklace is to die for!!!
    Great post too!

    www.thebluecurtain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your top looks great with the leopard print shoes!

    Please vote for me--> http://www.onlineshoes.com/monthly-shoe-styling-contest

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stripes and spots- my FAVE combo! Love a look that's chic and easy!

    Thank you for the blog visit love! Would love to get your thoughts on my latest!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so chic! I love your shirt, it's gorgeous and it works wonderfully with those leopard shoes!
    -
    Ester @ Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!