Cali Dreamin


 Well Happy 2014!  As it turns out, the first post of this year is a recap of my birthday in Cali.  This day is typically pretty low-key in my life, which is honestly how I like it.  Due to being on the 27th I get to spend it with only the ones closest to me {since everyone else is usually doing family stuff - or in this case - I was out of town}.  Kell and I decided to drive to Laguna, because being on the beach for my bday is basically a dream come true.  The sky was unreal clear and blue, stunning us to pieces.  And yes, I was scoping for LC and Brody Jenner. Ah, the days of MTV's Laguna Beach.  Instead of Lauren Conrad I saw a girl with long bleach blonde locks topped off with a neon trucker hat perched on her paddle board.  The only thing I could say was, "She's so cool.  Can I BE her?".
 

 
 

In Kellen and my heart of hearts, we are truly beach bums.  We're laid back. We love being tan {to the point we debate tan lines and how to get the ultimate tan.  It's true}.  I love being blonde.  Being warm is clearly our favorite.  Our dream is a mini-Cottrell all tan and bleach blonde running around in Vans and Roxy/Billabong.  Being in the sun, hearing the waves crash - that's what makes us happy beyond happy.  Needless to say, coming back to 9 degree Milwaukee was a little brutal.  Until the day we end up living on beach {please dear Lord}, we have trips and tanning beds...

4 comments:

  1. what a great way to spend a birthday! laguna is SO gorgeous. and i must say, your photos are absolutely beautiful. glad to see you're getting good use out of that new camera :)

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://dreamsinhd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! It looks like you had an incredibly fun birthday! I'm so jealous, I've never been to Cali before! Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spending your birthday on a beach... I'm jealous! The snaps are amazing, it looks you like had amazing time. Belated Happy Birthday + Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh to be wearing shorts!!! written from the confines of my: tank top under painter t, under buffalo check woven, under infinity scarf, under bathrobe,,,i think you dig..!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!