Day Traveler 5.0

 While in California, we took a little day trip with Kellen's parents to Catalina Island where they had their honeymoon.  Since its' warm during the day, yet cool at night {and on the ferry}, I thought it best to just layer it up.  I will always choose shorts over pants and long sleeves over short sleeves in a 70 degree temperature.  So, over the tee went flannel and over the flannel went denim.  Also great for day trips - these Nike Free 5.0.  Unbelievably comfy and 100% perfect for tromping all over a beautiful island. {Although I feel mildly dorky wearing them with socks - but apparently my feet start to stink if I don't... Psh, what do husbands know? ;)}
 (Jacket J.Crew, Flannel Crew Cuts (similar), Tee F21, Shorts F21, Shoes Nike, Black Bag H&M, Camera Bag Vintage, Sunnies H&M)

I don't know about you, but this holiday has been so great and relaxing.  It truly makes me wonder why we as American's don't live more like the rest of the world and work less?  Work to play instead of working to work and work and work.  I mean, it's true, hard work funds hard play, but I think we could learn a bit about relaxing and enjoying life.  Personally, I'm all for that.  And since it's Friday and I've hardly worked at all this week - I'll just continue to excise my right to play.
{Although this crazy snow isn't exactly letting me get out there and run free...}
Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. haha, everytime i read short sleeve shirts over long sleeve shirts, i think of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29YHKzbuuc

    xo, Brikena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha so good. And that's true too - that'll happen. Ha

      Delete
  2. i couldn't agree with you more! work to live, not live to work. my sister just relocated to NYC after living in berlin for 5 years and is having a hard time readjusting to the american work-life balance. i would be totally fine with 8 weeks of paid vacation personally :)

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://dreamsinhd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! I would have loved to go to catalina island! Didn't get a chance last time i was in california :( Looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!