Summer Girl In A Winter World

 I don't know about you but I'm over winter.  The dark colors and being cold.  I feel like every January-April I whine about Wisconsin's winters.  I would say I'm going to be less whiny this year, but let's face it - I probably will epically fail.  So.  To beat the gloom and doom of this season, my solution is to wear winter brights.  Or straight up neon.  It somehow just makes life easier when I feel like a bolt of sunshine and blind people.  Or I'm just a summer girl that can't give up her neon?
 
 (Sweater J.Crew, Turtleneck J.Crew, Pants J.Crew, Boots Old Navy, Necklaces J.Crew/Macy's, Beanie F21, Sunnies F21)

TGIF.  Seriously.  It's only been a three day week for me, yet somehow it feels like a 10 day week.  And sometimes, I think the cold actually drains me more as well.  It's like I'm fighting to stay warm.  Added to that is a potential mega caffeine crash from drinking so much hot coffee to toasty up my bones.  I don't know about you, but I'm beyond excited to just sit on my couch this weekend.  To be fabulously lazy and drink gallons of hot chocolate.  By the way, did you know Crate and Barrel has the most amazing hot chocolate!?  My sister gave me some for Christmas and I CAN'T. STOP. 
Thanks sis.

9 comments:

  1. YES to all of this. I can't stop drinking all the coffee either and end up with a major headache every night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful pop of color!
    i am totally with you...the epic cold this week has just been killer.

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://www.dreamsinhd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could have fooled me -- your bright smile and the neon colors light up these photos, despite the cold weather!

    checking out that hot chocolate now. maybe it's best i simmer down on the numerous cups of coffee, too....

    have a wonderful, warmer weekend! <3

    xo, valerie // lily on fillmore

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, winter (aside from the month of december) sucks the soul out of you :( i so depend on the weather for my mood.
    january - april are the longest months for me.

    xo, Brikena
    www.jarofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the candy colored clothes to make a bright spot on a cold Winter day. Looking good pretty lady!
    xx
    Here&Now

    Enter my current giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely Agree!! Can't stand it when people weep around all winter in their greys and blacks! Like we Need to look at More Snirt? Bring ON the neons and color...I think Black looks REaaaallll Classy in summer with a great tan:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is darling! Check mine out at www.hugsiwishes.blogspot.com I follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit and that peach top! I am a summer girl in winter wold too! From Miami = Located in Utah :(
    Kat | www.poshbykat.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hoe you layered a your tops. Your blog is so cute!
    xoxo
    AnnMarie
    http://annmariebanasik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!