Ultimately

 Faux Fur.  I'm obsessed completely.  I actually got this little snood last year from Aerie, yet I cannot stop  wearing it - especially with this crazy frozen winter.  Another thing I'm always obsessed with mid-week is slouchy clothing.  If it's of the silky texture - double win.
     

(Tee Urban Outfitters, Pants T.J. Maxx, Shoes Forever21, Snood Aerie, Necklace Forever21)

Recently life has been a bit hectic and I haven't had as much time to blog.  Due to this, I put a lot of pressure on myself to crank out posts and I get mildly obsessed with it. {Apparently 'obsessed' is the word of the day}  This past week I had a couple of heart-checks.  Kellen was reading in Matthew 6:28-30, the part where Jesus talks about not worrying about what your wear and how the lilies of the field are beautiful without that worry.  Kellen said he though it was a bit ironic.  My blog being called 'Street Lily' and how crazy I've been recently at trying to get blog posts together.  That - in combination with this past Sunday's sermon from Pastor Danny {He spoke on misdirected worship and how we can worship creation and not the Creator} - just really made me stop and say, "Whoa whoa whoa, this blog isn't ultimately about fashion."  Ultimately I want to bring glory and worship the One who deserves all the worship and glory in the world.  One of those moments where you realize how easy it is to get caught up in your life and your own little cares.  To realize that you haven't been thanking Him for every blessing, but have come to take them for granted.  As I said, heart check.  So.  From now on, it's my goal to not worry about getting a blog post out.  To hang out with my hubs on the couch if I haven't seen him all day instead of hovering by my computer sifting through photos.  And most importantly, to hopefully point you to the cross and not myself.  
That is the goal.
Ok. That's that.  Here we go Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. super cute! love the laid back look! super cute pants.
    and yeah I gave up a long time ago to put pressure on myself to get a post out in time... now I just do it whenever I can... that way it doesn't feel like work or homework and is just something I enjoy doing :)

    www.thebluecurtain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been waiting for this post ever since your instagram pic haha. that scarffffff. everything is so good.

    xo, Brikena
    www.jarofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so needed to hear this right now! Thank you <3

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  4. we all need a reality check from time to time, thanks for reminding us what is truly important :)
    love the faux fur snood by the way!

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://www.dreamsinhd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute girly! I love your pants and scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore this outfit - funky and fresh!

    Brittney
    quirkybritches.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!