Aussie Rules

These earrings have been my favorite from the first time I wore them.  That day, I wore them to work at J.Crew, an Australian woman came in wearing the dress I have on now.  She insisted on buying these earrings because she thought they were PERFECT for her outfit {this dress and black boots}.  She was a total blonde bombshell and her accent just had me starstruck.  So naturally, I went and found the dress, just so I could be like the oh-so cool Australian woman.
(Dress Urban Outfitters, Shirt J.Crew, Tights J.Crew, Shoes F21, Earrings J.Crew, Sunnies Knockaround)

Last week we had some 40 degree days.  I took them as my opportunity to bust out some more Spring-y types of outfits.  And a summer-thin, white dress, naturally.  It was such a relief to not be frozen.  I mentioned I had been struggling with inspiration and those to days just really helped me add a little color and a bit of a spring {pun intended} into my life.  I actually took last Friday off and headed back down to Chicago to spend some time with a dear, dear pal.  It was heaven to sleep in until 9:30 on a Friday and take the day slow, ended with some shopping, Mexican food and a delish marg.  Saturday and Sunday I wasn't feeling so good, so to the couch I went.  And never left.  I was in love with my weekend {not the feeling crummy part, but the couch part}.  Sometimes a girl just needs a massive amount of downtime.  I'm sure you understand.

5 comments:

  1. Darling dress - love those earrings! Down time? A must!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for warm weather! i was in north carolina this past weekend and it got to nearly 70 degrees! back in indianapolis of course it's back to 15 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favorite looks of yours. btw, your sunglasses look BOMB w/ your haiiiiirr. werk it (twerk it?)!


    xx, valerie at lily on fillmore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!