Winter Blues

Somehow winter days are getting harder and harder and my cups of joe are getting larger in number.  One day last week I literally had to leave the building even though it was freezing outside.  Apparently just needed a stroll to Starbucks for a pick-me-up in single digit weather.  These kind of days call for an easy-peasy look.  As always, I reached for my J.Crew Pixie pants {basically a fancy legging} and denim jacket.  Toss in some dry shampoo and a headband - good to go.
 
(Jacket J.Crew Factory, Shirt J.Crew, Pant J.Crew, Shoes Urban Outfitters, Necklace J.Crew Factory, Sunnies F21)

So lets just get real here.  I am really, really struggling with this winter.  As in actually had quite the meltdown on Sunday.  The cold just makes me tired and well, uber crabby.  Sometimes I piety Kellen.  I often come home crabby, complaining about everything or near tears {unless I run after work and get some endorphins released first}.  There are moments I get so angry at the cold I just want to punch someone.  I use really bad words because my fingers hurt.  Completely unreasonable.  I get sick of wearing the same layers and sweaters nonstop so I attempt to do more of a more spring look {like this one} and freeze.  Then I get angry I can't wear what I want and it's just a big, stupid, vicious cycle.  The past couple weeks it's been hitting the peak of crazy-Julie.  Thankfully, the this weekend I have Chicago to look forward to.  Granted, it's not tropical, but just mixing scenery up is largely needed right now.  I just clearly was not made for the tundra, but beaches, sun and warmth.  I even uttered {multiple times} "I hate this place".  I know once summer comes I'll be fine, but right now... ROUGH.  I can't be the only northerner like this right? 


6 comments:

  1. i am in love with this outfit...simple and chic and i love the necklace over the jean jacket! ur hair looks fab too!

    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the jean jacket with the white collar on top! super cute! i am with ya..surviving winter takes lots of Starbucks runs!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the denim with the necklace! So chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hah! i love fancy leggings, they are the best!
    and even though you write about hating the winter (which i totz agree on) ... your pictures and your face show the complete opposite <3

    xo, Brikena
    www.jarofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the outfit. loving this blog layout. loving your heart because it made me feel normal that someone else feels like this too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOooooo!! I haven't seen the Blog with it's new look!!! Me likey:)..and I think I need a lil' help:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!