Soaked In It

 The past two day have been glorious.  Temps in the 40s and 50s.  Not only are my spirits just lifted at the warmth, I get giddy about my runs.  There is nothing I love more than shedding all my layers and running a bit lighter.  To wearing a beanie and only one layer on top.  Monday I even wore capri tights {wishing I had shorts the whole time} and just a tee.  People, it is heaven to not end a run with bright red skin.  Seriously.  Yesterday was a rainy day.  A 100% Seattle day {minus the mountains and water}.  These days are my most favorite for running.  They're the days I feel invincible.  And fast.  But then it did start snowing the last two miles.  That was a bit of a downer.  Moving on.
{And now for my true colors to shine bright...}  
Monday, I even raced a few dudes.  One guy, like 6'3'', just wouldn't let me get ahead.  We ran side by side for at least half a mile - neither of us with headphones on.  I felt hugely awkward, but hell no was I going to let him beat me.  {He didn't look too athletic - and nothing is worse than losing to a non-athletic person.  I can't let him beat me and have that go to his head - pssh beat a girl?!  No way.  I mean, come on.  If you haven't noticed already, I'm also a sore loser.}  So we're running along, I get ahead of him, he wheezes and gets ahead of me.  Back and forth and back and forth.  Granted, for every one step he took, I took three - downfalls of being a shorty.  At the end, the path narrowed due to a river of a puddle and multitudes of people trying to get by without getting drench and/or muddy.  Not us.  We barrel through this lake, drenching ourselves, me- up to my calves, him- up to his ankles.  {And as I'm replaying this, I'm seeing just how ridiculous this was... Call it the competitiveness in me.}.  As the massive puddle finally starts to end, I'm getting pumped because we heading towards a hill.  Hills are my forte.  I can bust up those things like nobodies business {however, on a downhill people fly past me...}.  So I'm thinking to myself- alright, now I've got him.  Easy, peasy.  But, little sucker, took the left path that continued straight and not UP THE HILL.  I was irate.  This was my moment of glory.  As I'm heading up the hill, I noticed he's turning around and waving at me. All right, all right, that was pretty epic, sir.  We killed it.
And then I smashed another dude in 5 finger shoes up the hill.  Triumph at last.
(Shell The North Face, Tights Old Navy, Hat Nike, Shoes Asics)

2 comments:

  1. Which tights are your favorite? I am in dire need of some new pants for running this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm so glad the weather has been better for you...to run!! Hahahaa I can just imagine all of that so well...you are hilarious for running next to him for so long AND without headphones! Too funny!
    You would've definitely beaten him up that hill!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!