That's More Like It

Last Monday was quite the heat wave here in MKE.  We're talking mid 50s - almost laying out weather up in these northern parts.  I dared to bare some leg {yes, I used that line on Monday as well...} in my favorite dress from J.Crew's spring collection last year {last seen here}.  I seriously am a sucker for tribal print.  If it look indigenous, I'll take it.  Thankfully, I even had some {dead} grass behind me to give it more of a plains type of feel.  Throw in some denim and boots- just a regular 'ole southern-midwest girl.  Yee-ha.
 

 (Jacket J.Crew Factory, Dress J.Crew, Boots Old Navy, Earrings Gifted)

For some reason the heat that was here has left and not returned.  Instead, it leaves 20 degrees actually feeling like 20 - cold.  That tease is the worst.  I want to be warm so bad I can almost feel it {or maybe that's just the tanning bed again?}.  This is the first winter in Wisconsin that we haven't taken a tropical trip to break up this craziness.  As it turns out - I can see that wasn't the best planning on Kell and my part.  Noted.  ALWAYS take spring trips when living in the tundra.
In other news:  
I read this verse yesterday and I can't/don't want to get it out of my head -
"Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths.  Lead me in Your truth and teach me.  For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day." {Ps 25:4-5}
On You I wait...  I love that.  I want to just be waiting to see what He does every minute of everyday.  To not be so consumed with my life and myself that I miss all that He's doing.  I want to see it.

3 comments:

  1. i love your scripture....its so easy to get caught up in daily life that it can be difficult sometimes to stop and listen and be in a quiet place to hear and see what god is doing! i love this verse! but i also love your outfit (the black and white is so perfect!) i hope it gets warmer for you friend!

    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, can't believe you were brave enough to rock the bare legs on Monday! I remember it being warm, but more like cropped-pants warm than full-on-skirt warm enough for me-- fingers crossed those days are headed our way asap. Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I stilllll love ,,love ..love this dress:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!