Beachy Keen

A bit ago Kellen and I headed west to check out San Diego.  College was the last time either of us have been there, so it was fun to go together and re-explore.  The last day there I felt like I just HAD to take advantage of the great back drop.  Naturally, I was totally fine just taking pictures on the top of the cliff- but adventuresome/get-the-best-shot Kell wanted to climb down.  We didn't take the nice, easy way either.  It was straight down.  And this chic was in all white.  Not my most athletic moment, we'll say that.  But I'm so glad he pushed me to go down - epic.  There is something about the water that I will always love.  It calms me.  It makes me feel small.  Reminds me there's so much more than just my little world.  And the tan that usually come with it isn't so bad either ;).

(Her:  Tank J.Crew Factory, Sweatshirt J.Crew, Shorts J.Crew (similar here), Sunnies H&M, Shoes Urban Outfitters
Him:  Shirt The Heavy Pedal, Shorts J.Crew)

This was one of those trips that I really kept it basic in terms of packing.  Mainly plain tees, cut-off shorts, a flannel, sandals and a running gear.  I have, however, been dying to wear this adorable chambray dot tank {without a cardigan or anything over/under it} so I saved it for the last day - paired with all white.  Like a breath of fresh air.
  It was such a good trip.  We managed to be in bed {well, me anyway} by 8 or 9pm west coast time and up by 6 or 7am.  I just don't do well with time changes {#oldlady}.  Highlight:  eating In-N-Out on the beach while watching kite surfers.  I could get used to that.  Every. Day.  I also got to catch up with a Seattle pal who now lives in SD.  She's such a little gem and took me to a great little coffee shop where we {naturally} ate/drank on a wood deck with palm trees around us.  Again.  I could get used to that.  Every. Day.  We also managed to sneak in some time with Kellen's parents.  There really is something about hanging out with parents that kind of transforms you back to youth.  Feeling so taken care of - comfy bed, food made for you, hugs and kisses galore.  Nothing better.

3 comments:

  1. absolutely love this! ur outfits are always so beautiful!

    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures!!! I always love your style :)

    http://julietsthreads.blogspot.coom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!