Surprise, Surprise

Nothing like a good surpirse on a Monday morning right?  Right!  So here's the dish:
WE'RE PREGNANT!  
Annnnnddd we're moving to SAN DIEGO at the end of the month!  
{Because two surprises are better than one}
The past few months have been a whirlwind of constant planning and processing.  We found out there was a little bun in the oven on Valentines day {apparently I was quite crabby/crazy because Kell told me to take a pregnancy test...} and since then it has been just nuts watching this little thing grow-that little heart beat!  Seriously amazing - the human body and how God made it is incredible.  I'm officially 16 weeks along, popping this little nugget into the world late October.  {CRAZY!!}  I won't even start in on how cute Kellen is.  If I mention how great mac 'n cheese sounds at 9pm, he's like lightening to call Noodles & Company for take-out.  He also keeps a close eye on the Dr. Pepper inventory.  Running low?  He's all over that.  The best - watching his face when he sees the nugget during the ultrasound.  Priceless.  Seriously.  What. A. Gem.  And in case you're wondering - it's the size of an avocado.  And no, we will not be finding out the sex.  So buckle up for this crazy, exciting adventure!
Coming much sooner than October is our trek back to the west coast.  Kellen got a bump {mahaha -get it- bump?!} to a new position - one we'd been maneuvering and praying for - with the same company.  Same type of thing, just in sunny CA.  When we were out there this past month, we were actually apartment hunting and managed to find one blocks from the beach {!!!}.  Now, we are selling most of our furniture and re-thinking what we actually need in life.  It's been kind of nice, really.  Purging is actually quite refreshing.  We've been busy Pinteresting ideas for our new space {think minimal, beachy vibes} and posting to Craiglist galore.  PS- we will be having a garage sale soon, so all you MKE people feel free to swing by and buy our crap! ;)  As excited as I am to head back west, I am also a bit sad.  I can't get over the amazing friendships I've made the past {almost} 3 years.  Blogger friends, church friends, fashionista friends, small group friends, mentor friends, coffee talk friends... the list is endless.  The first year here in MKE was a lonely, tear-filled year.  I didn't think I'd ever make friends.  Kellen, naturally, is a bit hesitant to move me again {especially with all the hormones raging and a baby on the way}, but I feel like I have a better grasp at how to be more outgoing and make efforts to make new friends.  It's also awesomely helpful that one of my Seattle pals is waiting for me to get to San Diego...  it's going to be parks and coffee galore with that girl, woot woot!  But really, Milwaukee people are amazing.  I know I've made life long friends and I know I'll have to come back to visit often {just not anytime between October and May- you guys can come to us ;)}.  I couldn't have been more blessed here in this beer-loving, cheese-head, frozen-tundra of a city.  And I'm also so thankful I know there's so much more to the city than that, ha.

{and yeah, ok that last pic was a little cheesey but ya know, whatever.  i can do mom jokes now.}

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATS JULIE!!!! Wow!!!! What an exciting time for you and Kellen! Let me know when the garage sale is .. I'd love to come by and peruse your things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, OH MY GOODNESS! I am so excited for the two of you dear. Good luck and congratulations on all of the exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting! Both bits of news are fabulous. You'll be an incredible momma and I can't imagine you happier anywhere but the beach. :) How gorgeous is that baby going to be!! Good luck in your new adventures! We've been trying to figure out how we can move close to the beach, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh congratulations! So exciting on both accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG CONGRATULATIONS! that is so amazing..so happy for u julie :)

    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smiled from ear to ear this entire post. CONGRATS GIRLFRIEND!!! So happy for you. So next question.......when can I come visit you in CA?!;)

    Pink Champagne Problems

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That is so exciting!! Lots of change going on. You will be an adorable pregnant girl. I had my second son last October, it's a great month to have a baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOSH. how did I miss this!? so many big things. congrats my dear! I am so so thrilled for you on all fronts + we will seriously miss you in wisco <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh congrats! I don't know how I missed this! Such exciting news :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!