Growing Up Over Here

 My growing love for all things neutral continues...  Something about a neutral palette just seems classic - like maybe I will look back on this post in a few years and not be "what was I thinking?!".  So basically it's safe.  Or mature.  As I get older I feel like I'm starting to lean just a smidge less towards trends and a smidge more towards classic.  I mean, 30 isn't all that far away.  But I love that you can still have fun with neutrals: leather {ahem pleather} and leopard.  I haven't completely given up on trends {I'm sitting here in neon spandex writing this, ha}.  And seriously, these felt hats are just driving me wild.  Last week was quite a dozy with the babe.  When I'm feeling down or frustrated, Kellen tends to compensate with gifts.  This hat was a product of that.  That and a {vegan} Sprinkles cupcake.  I love my hubs so much.
 
{Sweater H&M, Skirt F21, Shoes F21, Hat Brixton, Sunnies H&M, Necklace H&M}

Here's the truth about my adorable little Clement.  Little man is a screamer.  Apparently dairy hurts his little tummy {which is quite sad because I literally have 5 different cartons of ice cream in my freezer}.  The past couple days/weeks I've been experimenting with variations of gluten/dairy/soy/egg free.  It's been trial and error, but after talking to a cousin who had to go dairy/soy/egg free for her little one, I've come to the conclusion that's probably what's causing CK his tummy pain, hence the vegan red velvet Sprinkles cupcake.  It's been a challenge figuring out what I can and cannot eat.  Do you even know how many things have dairy hidden in them?!  EVERYTHING.  I even realized {a bit slowly - Kellen calls it denial} that my beloved coffee shop uses a powder in their most delicious mochas and vanilla lattes that contains dairy.  Come. On.  Recently I've been living on almond milk lattes, gluten/soy free toast with peanut butter, rice crackers, {dairy free} dark chocolate covered almonds, a concoction of black beans, chicken and quinoa, and almond milk ice cream.  I did find some dairy/gluten free cheese pizza and that was the best night of my week.  I used to swear I would never alter my diet for my child.  Clearly I didn't realize what hours of screaming can do to your sanity {and really, poor little man and his tummy pain}.  Plus, for the first time CK has finally been smiling and all around pleasant in general.  That smile.  Totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Cute outfit, glad things are turning out well with the new dairy free diet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!