SoCal Casual

 One thing I've really noticed living here in San Diego is how laid back and casual everyone is in their style.  Not quite the Wisconsin jeans, sports tee and {dad} sneaks - more like a trendy laid back.  Ripped jeans, flowy tanks and flip flops/Birks.  I was talking to a local friend who said even holiday events don't get too fancy.  I'm down with this.  I mean, I could live in these crepe pajama-ish pants.  Add in my new-found favorite tee from Madewell {seriously, I have this tee in multiple colors - sized up for maximum comfort at all times.  Naturally} plus a clutch and I'm good to go San Diego style.  Boom.
(Tee Madewell, Pants J.Crew, Shoes Chinese Laundry, Sunnies H&M, Earrings Kate Spade, Clutch Thrifted, 
Watch Michael Kors)

The shopping season is officially upon us.  I went out late in the day on Black Friday with my mother-in-law and Clement.  We went to two stores.  Old Navy {hello 50% off} and Vans.  That's it.  Somehow something about motherhood {maybe it's the exhaustion} or old age has made me get anxiety when dealing with massive crowds.  Oh, I also have a new level of impatience too.  I get super annoyed and {ahem} even make nasty comments under my breath.  It's nothing I'm proud of.  And it never seems to get better, no matter how hard I try, so I'm just avoiding crowds in general these days - which will basically be impossible for the next month...  With that said, praise the Lord for Cyber Monday.  If you're still looking for some deals and steals {and want to shop bits and pieces of this outfit} - Madewell is 25% off and J.Crew is 30% off.  Shopbop's biggest sale of the year ends tomorrow as well.  I started planning out December in my calendar and realized I really need to start gift shopping on these crazy holiday shopping weekends.  Also, funny how the best time of the year can really add some stress, huh?  It's my goal to downsize things a bit this year and try to keep it all as stress-free and relaxed as possible.  {Good luck, huh, ha}  Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. ugh i love casual laid back style... i would have it no other way.. comfortable and stylish feels great!
    i was looking at the shirt you have on and was wondering... would i go for a Small or Medium because I know that in some stores when i purchase a small its a little too fit and i like them a little loose but then there are those who understand that they should be a little loose and Small is fine.... so I'm wondering since you have this... should I aim for an S or M if I wanted to buy it?

    xo, Brikena
    www.jarofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!