Easy As Joggers

These pants, or joggers as they are now called, have been a long time favorite of mine and a true testament that trends do come and go and come again.  I snagged them for uber cheap at H&M in my early Seattle days and now I see them in EVERY store I go to.  Another win for hording clothing. ;)  Now that I don't exactly dress up, they've really been a wardrobe staple along with this ridiculously comfy stripped tee {don't worry, I only own like 5 stripped tees but this one is 25% off right now!}.  This is what I call my 'quick-get-ready-we're-going-out-for-a-burger-and-beer-in-a-beach-town-not-downtown' look.  Which, by the way, we've found the best burger in San Diego at a little local joint that also happens to have a mighty fine selection of craft beers.  And with Happy Hour until 6:19pm {the local area code - 619}, that works out for this old couple who tries to be home by 7:30pm.  So if you're in San Diego, hit up Sessions Public in OB/Point Loma.  You won't be disappointed.  Also - kid friendly.  Boom.
 {Tee J.Crew, Joggers H&M, Shoes Dolce Vita, Necklace F21, Sunnies H&M}

Yesterday was a big day for me.  I had my first ever solo shopping trip since giving birth.  Let. Me. Tell. You.  It was great.  I could take my time and mosey around not worrying about freak outs or feedings.  But also let me tell you...  it was like I wanted people to know I had a baby, show him off.  Which is so weird because I've been craving some serious alone time, but once I got it, I was like wait wait wait, where's my third arm that doesn't really work but requires a ton of attention?!  And really, Clement was up most of last night {teething, a cold, post surgery pains, who knows, but he was up like a newborn - every two hours.  For two hours.  UGH}, so in truth I absolutely should have stayed home and taken a nap but the mall was just calling to me.  Again, silly, because I was wondering around not making any real decisions {which is good because my tired decisions are terrible}.  Just meandering.  Feeling free as a bird.  But it's not like the old days.  And I know people say this all the time, but to a degree, I really kind of have forgotten the old way of life or rather, life without Clement.  Certain things I will probably never forget, obviously, like only taking 10 minutes to get out the door instead of an hour, or being able to work out whenever the heck I felt like it, but it really is starting to hit that I absolutely, 100% cannot live this life without this little man constantly in the back of my head.  In a good way.  And good golly, the way his face lights up after he hasn't seen me in two hours...  Heart. Explode.


3 comments:

  1. You're the cutest. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I'm so far away from motherhood, but your stories really make me feel like it is something I can DO and be good at, not just do and do all of the stereotypical things.

    So thank you for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, love the outfit. Second, speaking of hoarding... this weekend I asked Caleb to grab my "cream shirt with black stripes" out of where my spring/summer clothes were kept in large rubbermaid containers... he got the right shirt on the 5th try... oops! Time to get rid of some things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!